The university no longer accepts paper applications via mail or turned in on your behalf by someone else. The only way to apply now is online through the Minhatee i.e. scholarship program or in person. Please see http://admission.iu.edu.sa/IuAdvertisment.aspx
Now you can apply online and review application requirements on the official website of the Islamic University of Madinah.
If you are going to visit Madinah, it is highly recommended that you apply in person.
Visit the university office of freshmen in the registration and admissions building with the required paper work. There you will fill out an application form. After you submit your paper work you will be interviewed.
Conditions of Acceptance
- The applicant must be a Muslim male of good conduct.
- The applicant must pledge to abide by all of the rules and regulations of the university.
- The applicant must be healthy, carrying no communicable diseases.
- The applicant must pass whatever tests and/or interviews conducted or requested by the university.
- The applicant must possess a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) from inside or outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – in other words, they must have completed high school. However, it is possible to apply to the university whilst still in high school using official transcripts.
- The applicant must be dedicated to full-time study.
- No more than FIVE (5) years should have passed since the completion of high school, although exceptions are made for those who enrolled in post-secondary education.
- The age of the applicant must not exceed TWENTY-FIVE (25) years upon beginning study in the university. Although it is rarer, it is still possible for older applicants to be accepted.
- Those who wish to apply to the Qur’aan faculty must have memorized the Qur’aan completely.
- The applicant must abide by any other conditions defined by university management.
List of required documents:
- A copy of your passport, with a copy of the visa that you entered the KSA with
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your high school/ secondary school diploma
- A copy of your transcript of grades from high school/secondary school
- Two letters of recommendation by teachers/Imams/community leaders
- Four passport size photos
Note: All the above documents must be translated into Arabic to make the process easier and to increase your chances of acceptance.
May Allah make your affairs easy.